Room reservations are now available!
See info below on how to reserve in our room block.
Participants are responsible for making their own hotel reservations. We encourage you to make your reservations early to ensure hotel room availability.
Please note that the cut-off date for making reservations at the group rate is June 15, 2019, or earlier if the room block is filled.
Due to contractual obligations, all participants will need to be housed at the convocation hotel listed below. Please make your housing reservation before registering. You will need your hotel confirmation number to complete your registration. (Local residents are exempt from this requirement.)
The Kansas City Marriott Downtown, located in the heart of Kansas City, is the convocation hotel. The room rate is $159.00 per room, per night plus tax, 1-4 people.
- Rooms with one King bed or two double beds are in the room block, but are subject to availability. Make your reservation early if you have a preference.
- The room rate is available three days before and three days after the event dates on a space available basis, at the discretion of the hotel.
- The room block is available until June 15, 2019. After that, room are on a space available basis and the rate is at the discretion of the hotel.
- If you have ANY trouble reserving your room, please contact the national Fellowship office at (800) 952-8977 or Convo@UMFellowship.org.
You can book your room online or call (816) 421-6800. Remember to request the “Fellowship of United Methodists” group rate.
Want to save money? View our “Roommate List” to see who may be looking for a roommate or add your name to the list. You may also call (800) 952-8977 for information.
Address: 200 W 12th St, Kansas City, MO 64105
Phone: (816) 421-6800
Attached to the KC Convention Center by an enclosed walkway, this upscale hotel is a 9-minute walk from the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts and 2 miles from the historic Union Station. Relaxed rooms have flat-screen TVs, desks, coffeemakers and Wi-Fi. There are 2 restaurants, a sleek bar, a lounge bar and a coffee shop, as well as an indoor pool and a gym. Other amenities include a business center, paid parking and laundry services.
Airport Transportation: The Marriott is located about 20 miles from the Kansas City International Airport. Here are good transportation options:
- SuperShuttle is an excellent, affordable option. The Kansas City Downtown Marriott is the first drop-off location coming from the airport on the route, and the last pick-up location when headed back to the airport. Learn more and/or make reservations here.
- Taxis are available via phones located in the airport terminal where they can be quickly dispatched from an on-site holding lot.
- Uber and Lyft are excellent ride-share options.